Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baking Soda for Teeth Whitening

Many people strive for sparkling white teeth. There are several products on the market which promise this. These often will work, however, they tend to run quite expensive! Wouldn’t it be great to have beautiful white teeth just by using what’s lying around the house? Thanks to baking soda, that is a possibility.

Baking soda is one of the best-known teeth whiteners. Not only does it whiten teeth, baking soda also does a great job of cleaning them. In fact, from the eighteenth century, up to modern-day, baking soda was what was used to brush teeth.

To use baking soda as a method for whitening it needs to be made into a paste. About one tablespoon of baking soda should be placed into a small bowl. After which a liquid mixture of ¼ hydrogen peroxide and ¾ water should be added to the baking soda. The consistency should be created where only enough liquid is added to give the baking soda a paste-like texture. Once the paste is made, it can then be applied to teeth.

Once the perfect texture is reached, the baking soda paste can be used just like normal toothpaste. The baking soda will scrape off any signs of yellow or brown stains after a few uses, ultimately giving teeth a brighter appearance. If the taste of baking soda alone is too unbearable, the baking soda can be sprinkled over normal toothpaste as an alternative.

Brushing with baking soda has been around for ages. It does not have the harsh chemical taste that some other products do. As with all things, one should use this method sparingly.  Baking soda can cause teeth to become sensitive if used too often or roughly.

8 comments:

  1. I've used baking soda for my teeth... it's good as a temporary solution to whiten your teeth...

    All in all i think flossing is the best way to maintain overall hygiene for your teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many methods or techniques to get white teeth. Baking soda is a nice alternative but sometimes it can cause health related issues. Havana cheap laser teeth whitening is a permanent solution to whiten your teeth. It is quite hygienic and consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess, I won't go with baking soda as it can cause tooth enamel. What's best is to seek a dentist for better options, I know that it would be expensive but at least it is safe, right? Or you can actually use organic stuff like bentonite clay or you can also use fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
    having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

    My homepage ... how can i whiten my teeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ideas on how to whiten teeth. Another stress free way to whiten teeth is to brush them with an electric toothbrush. Get one after revieweing this site http://www.dentalrave.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been using mixture of baking soda (1 to 2 tablespoons), table salt (1 teaspoon), and a few drops of peppermint, orange, and thieves essential oil stirred up in a small container. I wet my toothbrush, dip it into the mixture and brush with an electric toothbrush alternating between starting top right, top left, bottom right, and bottom left. I generally brush before bed. Been doing this, as well as tooth pulling for a few years. (my blog)

    ReplyDelete

we’d love to hear your thoughts