Friday, July 11, 2014

A Dental Student You Should Know

Greetings! 

I am Kristine, a graduating dental student from the University of the Philippines who also has a passion in writing. 

Having studied and trained from the best university while being coached by outstanding dentists and professors has given me background and general knowledge in dentistry. This has helped me to understand an often ambiguous dental field. Reading up-to-the-minute dental books and journals has helped me stay updated with the latest in Dentistry. In addition to knowledge, dexterity is equally important. As the saying goes, ‘experience is the best teacher.’ Through time and help from others, I have developed skills necessary in this field of practice. I have been able to perform dental procedures under close supervision of  instructors. With that said, I know my dream of being a licensed dentist is at hand. 

As early as now, I have been able to apply what I know and learned from my teachers. I have benefited from my learning and have helped people, I know it. It has made me more meticulous and keen on my oral hygiene. Seeing the consequences of disregarding oral health has motivated me to maintain good oral hygiene. My family and friends have sought my advice and opinion with regards to their oral health. Common questions that have been asked to me by them are ‘what are dental flosses’, ‘why should I floss’, ‘what are the different methods of teeth whitening’, ‘what are wisdom teeth’, ’what are the different ways to save a tooth’, ‘what should I do to my aching tooth’, and a lot more. They have also sought help by asking advice about different oral hygiene aids such as toothbrushes and toothpastes.

It is very flattering and gratifying that I could be able to help them. It warms the heart that I could be there for them because of my experience.

Occasionally I think, what about those who could not ask a family member or a friend for dental advice. They should not have to suffer from dental pain because of misinformation and they should be able to find answers for their questions about oral health. In my own simple way, I want to help them because I know I can help them.

Being a dentist is just half of my goal. I want to do more than treating patients and bringing back their smiles. The other half of my goal would be sharing my knowledge and craft with people. I want to incline people to appreciate their oral hygiene. And the best way to share this with people is by writing. Through writing articles, I find an outlet in sending them a message about oral health. 

Anyone can write, but it takes a skilled writer with ardor to enroll readers into taking an interest in what you are writing about. It is very important that you can reach out to people, and allow your readers to become engaged in the article.

A person who is passionate in the field of dentistry and writing can make readers better understand the concepts through their written works. In order to have readers from different age groups relate to the writing, creativity is important. A writer has to be able to think of ways that the lector can impart and grasp what you are saying. The writer has a duty to translate the message clearly.

Merging my passion in Dentistry and Writing has helped me deliver what I want to say to my readers. Using my background and efficiency in writing, it is my goal to impart what I know in Dentistry to all age groups. 

For me, studying dentistry is not just a career opportunity. Dentistry is a passion; a passion in helping people bring out their best selves. To know more about improving dental hygiene, I invite you to read more articles on our site. It provides you, our dear readers, more information and ways to improve oral health. 

Welcome!

5 comments:

  1. I always recommend my dentist and his friendly staff to all my friends and family who are looking for a dentist. He is outstanding. He recently replaced two very old fillings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice read Kristine. I like the way of your writing and you are good to deliver your ideas with us. Dental health is more important for us and we always need to find the best dental surgeon that will be great for our dental treatment. I see some great Dental Clinic in Budapest and that is too good for the dental treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dental problems are rising every day as to recover them , this blogs gives an idea, so it is a good idea to visit dentist clinic once in a week... look Mackay Dentist in Australia for any kind of dental problem, keep smiling a smile brings happiness on millions of face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dentist should have creative skills and experience for better dental treatment. You know that experience is the best teacher. You should develop skills necessary in this field of practice.
    Dental Implantologist in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for this one great job.

    ReplyDelete

we’d love to hear your thoughts